My last day at my old job was Friday, January 5th. That came very unexpectedly. I thought I was going to have to stick it out for another week but my boss graciously allowed me to use my vacation for that last week.
It is always scary starting over in a new place with new people. But I guess you get used to it. I mean this is my fourth job since graduating college. It’s kind of like birthing children, every time gets easier.
My first day was Monday January 8th. I will say, I’m on day 5 of the new job and while I miss my friends, I am DEFINITELY enjoying this new work environment.
My new work environment makes me feel like I work at Google or Facebook with its open work space, super chill music, big windows, and comfy chairs. This job is definitely the polar opposite of my other job.
There are a LOT of positives to this new job: 🙂
- I have a large and comfortable work space
- My desk is right in front of a gigantic window so I can always see outside
- I have no employees reporting to me so my interruptions in a day are minimal
- I love listening to music and headphones are encouraged to minimize distractions since we are in an open work space
- There is a minimal amount of structure to the program that I am working on so I have plenty of autonomy. I am a planner and I love starting things from scratch so that is exciting for me.
I’ve been here five days and it seems like they are going to trust me to do the job they hired me to do. No hovering over me asking me what I’m doing. Lots and lots of trust. This is good…I self manage really well so I appreciate that so much.
This year is definitely starting out on the right foot. I am working on returning to my optimistic ways so I can focus on all the good there is in my life right now. I believe there is a lot of good coming my way and I am ready to receive it.