Week of December 10th – December 16th
I am slowly adding more tools to my reselling toolbox. This past weekend the hubs and I picked up a new dress form mannequin from Hobby Lobby. Oh the looks he got carrying that thing through Hobby Lobby.
He is such a trooper.
I have also resumed sending out the Poshmark Tips Newsletter every two weeks. If you’re not on the list already, you can sign up HERE.
NUMBERS FOR THE WEEK:
- Total items sold: 7
- Total sales: $97
- Average sale price this week: $13.86
- Total active listings: 101
- Total listings (counting actives and solds): 197 – For those of you who are new to Poshmark, your total listings includes actives and solds. Sold listings cannot be deleted.
- Infinity scarf $8 (I think I’m done picking up scarves. Profit margin way too low)
- Kasper Cardigan $18 (Cardigan’s seem to be the way to go for me)
- Stitchfix Cardigan $20
- Style & Co Plus Size Top $9 (Do not plan to pick up anymore Style & Co)
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Top $12
- Kim Rogers Ugly Christmas Sweater $15
- Ugly Christmas Sweater $15
Cardigans do really well for me so I will continue to pick those up. Also, I was really surprised by how well ugly Christmas sweaters did in my closet this year. I plan to stock up on those year round so that next Christmas I will have plenty to list!
This was my first Christmas season as a reseller, but I sold every single Christmas sweater I listed this year. I think there were about 8 or 9 of them.
For the past few weeks, I have been purchasing clothes directly from friends before they take their items to Goodwill. I like this strategy and will continue to use it in the future.
I was able to source about 40 items from a friend’s cousin for a really good price.
My goal as of now is to list 3,000 items in 2019 so I need to be sourcing like a mad woman. I am inspired by people like Chris at Daily Refinement, and the podcast hosts for “The Scavenger Life.” They each have HUGE stores and that is my goal to.
There is a part of me that wonders how reasonable I’m being with this goal, but then I think, lets just see how big we can build this thing!
It’ll be interesting at the end of 2019 to see how close I came to actually hitting that goal.
In other news, Mercari has announced Mercari UK is coming to an end. I’m not a big user of Mercari but I know some of you are. I don’t know if this means anything for Mercari US but I’m sure it comes as a blow to sellers in the UK who have a lot invested in Mercari.
The last day for buying and selling will be January 15, 2019. You can read the full article HERE.
Here you will find the full article from the Mercari UK website.
How was your week on Poshmark? Tell me about it in the comments below.